Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning

From: Albe Laurenz *EXTERN*
Subject: Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Mark Wong, )
 Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Matthew Wakeling, )
    Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
      Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
     Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Matthew Wakeling, )
    Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Scott Carey, )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Albe Laurenz *EXTERN*", )
    Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Jeff, )
     Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
   Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: linux deadline i/o elevator tuning  (Mark Wong, )

Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
> acording to kernel folks, anticipatory scheduler is even better for dbs.
> Oh well, it probably means everyone has to test it on their own at the
> end of day.

In my test case, noop and deadline performed well, deadline being a little
better than noop.

Both anticipatory and CFQ sucked big time.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe