Re: [9.3 bug] disk space in pg_xlog increases during archive recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: [9.3 bug] disk space in pg_xlog increases during archive recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Fujii Masao" <masao.fujii@gmail.com>
> - if (source == XLOG_FROM_ARCHIVE)
> + if (source == XLOG_FROM_ARCHIVE &&
> + StandbyModeRequested && AllowCascadeReplication())
>
> I think that the condition of StandbyModeRequested should be removed
> because someone might want to set up the cascade standby from the standby
> of warm-standby configuration.

Fixed and attached the revised patch.

However, isn't StandbyRequested true (= standby_mode set to on) to enable
warm standby?  I'm afraid people set max_wal_senders>0 and hot_standby=on
even on the primary server to make the contents of postgresql.conf identical
on both the primary and the standby for easier configuration.  If so, normal
archive recovery (PITR, not the standby recovery) would face the original
problem -- unnecessary WAL accumulation in pg_xlog/.  So I'm wonder if
AllowCascadeReplication() is enough.

Please take either this patch or the previous one.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment