Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs.
Date
List pgsql-general

Where is the risk with a Berkeley style license?

> > I think if people want legal advice about the status of
> MySQL's claims
> > about GPL, they'd best consult a lawyer who knows a lot
> about software
> > licenses.
>
> That's true of just about any software license.

Is it true of Berkeley style software licenses?  Is it true of the ACE
license or the Apache license?  Mozilla licenses?

Many open source licenses carry basically no risk at all.  Others
contain enormous risk.