Re: Issues tangential to win32 support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Issues tangential to win32 support
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I am not enrolled in the CVS project, and don't even know how to use it.
We use "Visual Source Safe" here -- really an icky tool but at least
everyone here knows it.

There is some debate here as to whether to keep the changes private or
to turn them back to the project.  Not sure how it will turn out.

I am not sure that the project would want them anyway, since the
represent some pretty major surgery and impact the readability of the
code in a quite adverse way.

At any rate, the Japanese version appears to be released.  In fact, I
have downloaded the whole project and gave it a spin.  It is actually
very nice.  If you just need to use something for right now, why not go
with that version?

In any case, there is simply no way possible that anything will ever
escape from here before June at the absolute earliest (full regression
test is company policy).