Re: List Functions and Code - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: List Functions and Code
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm pretty sure there is a way to get the source from either the schema or catalog, but I do not know what it is.
However,if you are dealing with a one-time need you could always just pg_dump the schema as text and search through it
usingregex/grep tools (or even just "find")

David J

On Jul 28, 2011, at 9:31, Rebecca Clarke <rebecca@clarke.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to search and list all the functions in a database that reference a particular table within its code. Is there
away to do this?

> I can list all the functions from pg_proc, however there is nothing there which provides the code of the function, so
thereforeI can't query if it mentions a table. I've tried looking in information_schema.routines but this unfortunately
doesnot have it either.