Re: DB Backup / Restore with PG Admin 2? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: DB Backup / Restore with PG Admin 2?
Date
List pgadmin-support

Backing up & restoring databases is *not* a job pgAdmin should be used
for. The DB Schema dumps are there as a convenience when hacking designs
about, however there may be errors in the code it generates because most
of it is reverse-engineered from the system catalogues and I may have
got something wrong.

Perform your backups using pg_dump or pg_dumpall on the server. They are
designed to dump the database *exactly* as it should be.

Regards, Dave