Re: Roadmap for a Win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Roadmap for a Win32 port
Date
List pgsql-hackers

I think that a Windows Installer compatible package would be better as
it would allow us to build the package as a merge module which others
could use in their installers for their PostgreSQL based apps, allowing
one installation to install everything they require easily and (more
importantly) correctly. An example of this can be found in the psqlODBC
installer.

I can handle this if required.

> BM> ENVIRONMENT
>
> I also would like to empathize that probably a small GUI for
> controlling the PostgreSQL service/application would be nice.

I'm happy to add such code to pgAdmin - seems like the natural thing to
do (to me at least!).

Regards, Dave.