Contrib Versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Contrib Versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

I don't suppose I could convince you to use dotted-decimal version numbers for the contrib extension versions, rather
thannumerics, could I? At this point, I think that would just mean changing them from 1.0 to 1.0.0.

Why? Well, PGXN uses semantic versions, which have this format, so I'm biased that way when thinking about dependency
resolution(which is coming in the the PGXN client). But the other reason is because I think it makes sense for all the
versionsin a project to be consistent, and the core versions have (mostly) always used this format.

Thoughts?

Best,

David