Re: Which qsort is used - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Which qsort is used
Date
List pgsql-hackers

You're right.  Once per partition of size 50 or greater.

In my tests, it was a clear win.  We'll see in the Qingqing Zhou test
setup if it helps or not.  If there is some order to the data, it will
be of benefit.  For purely random samples, there will be a small fixed
cost.