Re: Add YAML option to explain - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Add YAML option to explain
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 28, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

> +1 from me.  I've read the other comments and just plain don't agree
> with them.  It's a small patch, adds a useful format for EXPLAIN, and
> would be used.
>
> One of the best things about PG is the flexibility and usability.

I agree, I tend to prefer YAML output where it's parseable (and I
expect it the EXPLAIN YAML output won't be doing anything tricky).

That said, maybe there should be a way to create modules add formats,
instead of adding them to core?

Best,

David