deferring ForeignKey checks when you didn't set a deferrable constraint ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Vanasco
Subject deferring ForeignKey checks when you didn't set a deferrable constraint ?
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a core table with tens-of-millions of rows, and need to delete about a million records.

There are 21 foreign key checks against this table.  Based on the current performance, it would take a few days to make
mydeletions.

None of the constraints were defined as `DEFERRABLE INITIALLY IMMEDIATE', so I'm out of luck on deferring them.

Dropping/redefining constraints looks to be an ordeal --  and something I'm scared to make a mistake on.

i looked into disabling triggers on a table, but I couldn't find any info on how to trigger at the end of the
transactionso I can ensure integrity.

does anyone have suggestions on things that might work?