Re: Upgrading to 9.0 on Mac OS X - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Maximilian Tyrtania
Subject Re: Upgrading to 9.0 on Mac OS X
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Feb 14, 2011, at 4:42 AM, Basil Bourque wrote:
>
>> To be clear about the 2 passwords involved with Postgres on your Mac:
>>
>> • The installer asks for your usual Mac admin account password, to get permission for 2 operations: (1) to install
stuffon your computer and (2) to create a special Unix user account named (by default) 'postgres'.

Yes. What confused me is: The installer seems to change the passsword of an already existing postgres user on that
machineto "". Did i understand that correctly? Should it really do that?

Maximilian Tyrtania Software-Entwicklung
Dessauer Str. 6-7
10969 Berlin
http://www.contactking.de