Re: pg_upgrade in 9.3.5 can not start cluster - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Chadima Jiří
Subject Re: pg_upgrade in 9.3.5 can not start cluster
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Actually, we don't... I have managed another clean environment, so we will try the same process with the same
configurationagain and I'll let you know.

Jirka

-----Original Message-----
From: Christoph Berg [mailto:cb@df7cb.de]
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 8:47 PM
To: Chadima Jiří
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-pkg-debian] pg_upgrade in 9.3.5 can not start cluster

Re: Chadima Jiří 2014-10-01 <D1FA90F570B9E3449D7EF1A4D43D1736B7203591@CZPAV00092.pa.jtfg.com>
> Hi,
>
> we've encountered possible bug in debian packages, both squeeze and wheezy seem to be affected.
>
> We're using following repositories:
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ squeeze-pgdg/main amd64
> Packages http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ wheezy-pgdg/main
> amd64 Packages
>
> This bug makes it currently impossible to run pg_upgrade script on 9.3 and therefore successfully upgrade from 9.2 to
9.3.It seems to be a typo somewhere in the source code. Unfortunately, I don't have the logs anymore, but the problem
wasthat pg_upgrade refused to start cluster with an error that went like 'parameter "full_page_writes" requires a
Booleanvalue'. The problem was that the startup command had a typo in it and contained '-c full_page_writes=off-c
anotherparameter...'(Notice no space after =off).

> I think the pg_upgrade script worked when we were upgrading from 9.2 to 9.3.4, upgrade from 9.2 to 9.3.5 does not
workanymore. As a workaround we have used pg_upgrade from 9.3.4 package and it worked.

> Could you guys look at it? Unfortunately due to internal policy I can't test any patches in our environment, but this
shouldbe easily reproducible on a clean debian box.

It's not reproducible on a clean Debian box.

Do you have full_page_writes mentioned in /etc/postgresql/9.2/main/pg_ctl.conf or the like?

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/