Re: Missing Docs for MOVE direction? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: Missing Docs for MOVE direction?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jun 21, 2009, at 5:07 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> I was just looking at the documentation for cursors command, and
> noticed that the MOVE command's "direction" argument doesn't seem to
> have documentation for its possible values.
>
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-move.html
>
> I assume that they should be FORWARD and BACKWARD, as the former is
> used in the example, but in truth I have no idea.
>
> Also, what's the difference between the FROM and IN clauses? Or are
> they they same thing?

Bah! I now see that these expressions are the same as for FETCH.
Something like this would help, I think:

*** move.sgml.~1.31.~    Thu Nov 20 20:39:34 2008
--- move.sgml    Sun Jun 21 17:15:44 2009
***************
*** 40,46 ****    </para>
    <para>
!    Refer to     <xref linkend="sql-fetch" endterm="sql-fetch-title">     for details on syntax and usage.    </para>
--- 40,47 ----    </para>
    <para>
!    The parameters for <command>MOVE</command> are identical to those
for
syntaxand usage.    </para>

Thanks,

David