Re: pg_standby - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas F. O'Connell
Subject Re: pg_standby
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 29, 2:17 pm, t...@o.ptimized.com ("Thomas F. O'Connell") wrote:
> I see that Simon has pushed pg_standbyinto contrib for 8.3. Is there
> anything that would make the current version in CVS unsuitable for use
> in 8.2.x? I've done a cursory inspection of the code, but I'll admit
> that I haven't looked up the interfaces used from postgres_fe.h and
> pg_config_manual.h to see whether anything would be unusable or behave
> unexpectedly in 8.2.
>
> I'm assuming the correct way to install it would be to take the pg_standby directory from CVS, add it to an 8.2.x source contrib tree,
> and build as if it were a part of contrib in 8.2?

A post from Simon on a thread in pgsql-admin answers the primary question:

And I answered the part about building from testing. The answer seems to be "yes".

--
Thomas F. O'Connell

optimizing modern web applications
: for search engines, for usability, and for performance :

615-260-0005