Re: Londiste 3 pgq events_1_1 table huge - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rene .
Subject Re: Londiste 3 pgq events_1_1 table huge
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, Check for long running Idle in transaction sessions. Idle in transaction sessions may holding events table from
cleaningitself up.
If there is more then days long running idle in transaction sessions, kill them, event table should be cleaned
automaticallyafter that.

"select pid,state, query_start from pg_stat_activity where state='idle in transaction';" for checking sessions.

Rene
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org <pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org> on behalf of Leonardo M. Ramé
<l.rame@griensu.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:23 PM
To: PostgreSql-general
Subject: [GENERAL] Londiste 3 pgq events_1_1 table huge

Hi, I couldn't find a mailing list or forum to ask londiste related
questions, so I hope someone from this list can help me with this.

I have a Londiste based replication setup that is working perfectly
since last year. Now I noted the events_1_1 table grew too much (almost
exactly the same size of the whole database), so I'm asking how can I
clean up the events table without breaking the replication?.

Regards,
--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.