date type changing to timestamp without time zone in postgres 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rishi Gokhale
Subject date type changing to timestamp without time zone in postgres 9.4
Date
List pgsql-general

When I create a table with a column whose type is date the type gets forced to timestamp without timezone after it gets created

ops=# CREATE TABLE test (

ops(#     name    varchar(40) NOT NULL,

ops(#     start date NOT NULL

ops(# );

CREATE TABLE

ops=# \d test;

               Table "public.test"

 Column |            Type             | Modifiers

 name   | character varying(40)       | not null

 start  | timestamp without time zone | not null

ops=#

The table creation is just a test, my original issue is while restoring a backup (pg_dump/pg_restore) from another server also 9.4, where the date types on numerous columns get forced to change to timestamp without timezone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rishi