Re: PGDATA on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Daniel Begin
Subject Re: PGDATA on Windows
Date
Changing the value of data_directory
List pgsql-novice
Q3- I get the same message on standard dos window. You will find the
expected answer by opening a command prompt with administrator privileges
(Run as administrator - start menu, right click on the dos window icon)

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Birchall, Austen
Sent: June-16-15 11:56
To: Daniel Begin; pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] PGDATA on Windows

Following up on Daniel's helpful reply

Q1 - In Linux we are moving away from putting version numbers (i.e. 9.4
here) in PGDATA and the whitespace makes things more complicated than need
be so any further suggestions/thoughts will be useful.

Q2 - yes I did this

Q3
C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin>pg_ctl -D "C:\Program Files
(x86)\PostgreSQL\9.4\data" status
pg_ctl: no server running

C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin>

Which I a bit confused about!

Austen Birchall  Senior Database Administrator Met Office FitzRoy Road
Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom