Object-Oriented ODBC in open sources - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Ma
Subject Object-Oriented ODBC in open sources
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello,

Our application is using RogueWave dbtool to access Informix. Now we are planning to replace Informix with PostgreSQL, and at the same time, replace RogueWave dbtool with some kind of open sources.

I notice that there is the libpq from PostgreSQL, but seems that libpq is not on the same level as RogueWave dbtool. The libpq is embedding native SQL statements, like esql does, while RogueWave dbtool is Object-Oriented, hiding all SQL statements from developers.

My question is, are there any open sources, which is Object-Oriented, similar to RogueWave dbtool?

I did searches on the internet, but unable to find any.

Thank you, and have a good day,

Michael