Re: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics for wait event - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Imai Yoshikazu
Subject Re: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics for wait event
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020/01/13 4:11, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> The following review has been posted through the commitfest application:
> make installcheck-world:  tested, passed
> Implements feature:       tested, passed
> Spec compliant:           not tested
> Documentation:            tested, passed
>
> I like this patch, because I used similar functionality some years ago very successfully. The implementation is
almostsimple, and the result should be valid by used method.

Thanks for your review!

> The potential problem is performance impact. Very early test show impact cca 3% worst case, but I'll try to repeat
thesetests.

Yes, performance impact is the main concern. I want to know how it
affects performance in various test cases or on various environments.

> There are some ending whitespaces and useless tabs.
>
> The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author
I attach v4 patches removing those extra whitespaces of the end of lines
and useless tabs.

--
Yoshikazu Imai

Attachment