Postgres and Firewall - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Chetan Parekh
Subject Postgres and Firewall
Date
List pgsql-admin

We have Postgress Database running on machine with ip address 192.168.0.1 on port no 5432.

We want to access this database from outside the firewall. Hence we need to open port no 5432 of 192.168.01 in firewall for outside users. But in firewall configuration we need to provide the type of call also like https, https, ect.

We have Swing based application that need to access database over internet.

Please guild me, what kind of call it will be from Swing based application to database