Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch
Date
Re: [pgsql-www] Recognition Guidelines Patch  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp>)
List pgsql-www

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval#Approving_Events_and_Event-Related_News_.28excluding_training.29
<https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval#Approving_Events_and_Event-Related_News_.28excluding_training.29>

> Isn't that for approving posts to pgsql-announce?

And what goes on the events page on .org.  This the guide I have been using for X years I have been helping to
moderate.

>> The guidelines are for recognizing what constitutes a *community* event versus an event about PostgreSQL, i.e. this
sentence:

>>     > Events that do not meet the criteria will still be welcomed (where appropriate under the general listing
policies)-
>>     > for example, events organised by a single company which may still be valuable for people to attend, but are
>>     > not necessarily what we would consider fully “open.”
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jonathan
>>

>> As I understand it, no. It appears that instead there will essentially
>> be two classes of conferences.
>>
>> 1. Recognized .Org conferences (those that follow the .Org guidelines)
>>
>> 2. Everyone else (who would still be subject to the event posting
>> rules but not subject to the "Recognized" .Org conference guidelines.
>
> So, "community event" constitutes #1 and will be on the website
> different from what we have now?

Nothing is changing on what is being published to the website right now, it is still following the aforementioned link
Iposted.

Thanks,

Jonathan