Re: repeated out of shared memory error - not related tomax_locks_per_transaction - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rui DeSousa
Subject Re: repeated out of shared memory error - not related tomax_locks_per_transaction
Date
List pgsql-admin
Alfonso,

Do you happened to know how large the process is when it starts giving error messages, anywhere near 47GB?

— but we tried with work_mem to 130mb, shared_buffer to a maximum fo 40gb,

Having  shared_buffer to 40GB would be two high for the current configuration and I would expect to see out of memory
errorsgiven that your system commit limit is 47GB; However, with shared_buffers at 23GB I don’t think you should be
hittingthe 47GB limit — are you?

To increase the commit limit you can add more swap and/or adjust the overcommit ratio.