Re: Prefetch - OffTopic - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mohan, Ross
Subject Re: Prefetch - OffTopic
Date
List pgsql-performance
Yes, that would be a sufficient (although not necessary) condition for being well and fine with kdB.
Last time I used APL was.....pre-Gregorian, so yea, that's scary to me, too.

( Of course, one can use C/ODBC or Java/JDBC to reach kdB; once there, one uses SQL92, or
proprietary kSQL. )

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Chris Browne
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:14 PM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Prefetch - OffTopic

RMohan@arbinet.com ("Mohan, Ross") writes:
> for time-series and "insane fast", nothing beats kdB, I believe
>
> www.kx.com

... Which is well and fine if you're prepared to require that all of the staff that interact with data are skilled APL
hackers. Skilled enough that they're all ready to leap into Whitney's ASCII-based variant, K.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org") http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/functional.html
Rules of the Evil Overlord #78.  "I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must  be taken alive!" The command will