Re: Up-to-date reports database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: Up-to-date reports database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23/05/2012, at 18:54, Bartosz Dmytrak wrote:

> hi,
> my suggestion is to redesign reporting database to fit reporting specifics (e.g. brake normal form of database, in
somecases this will speed up reports). Than you can use some ETL tool to sync production and reporting. Good thing is
touse some OLAP software to use multidimensional analyze - this will make queries easier (with MDX language). I think
thiskind of discussion is huge one :)

> there are some opensource ETL and BI suits available.

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration.