Re: Toad Adm. Datasource Location - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: Toad Adm. Datasource Location
Date
List pgsql-general
Typing80wpm@aol.com wrote:
> I am just curious to see if I can get Toad to connect to Postgresql.
> I have Access talking to it via ODBC.  Toad is asking for Datasource
> and Location.  I cant figure out what to put there.  I have done some
> searching in google.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Every version of Toad I've ever used connects to Oracle using the OCI
driver.  You'll never get the OCI driver talking to PG - completely
different communication protocol (well, never say never, but not today
anyway...)

--
Guy Rouillier