Re: postgresql on gentoo - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Rouillier
Subject Re: postgresql on gentoo
Date
List pgsql-general
Sim Zacks wrote:
> I just installed postgresql on a new gentoo server using emerge and I
> would like to add the citext module for a case insensitive text type.
> Emerge does not have a citext option in postgresql or package. Does
> anyone know how to get the citext into postgresql on gentoo and will
> this break the next time I upgrade postgresql?

Not a direct answer.  I use PG on AMD64 Gentoo.  I wanted to use 8.0
before Gentoo incorporated it (don't know if they have yet or not.)  So
I downloaded the source and compiled it myself.  This is very easy to
do, as PG has very few dependencies.  So you might want to consider that
alternative.  You'll lose Gentoo's management of the PG installation,
but I don't find that a major issue.

--
Guy Rouillier