Re: SSL information view - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: SSL information view
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 12. Juli 2014 15:08:01 +0200 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
wrote:

> Before doing that, however, I'd like to ask for opinions :) The hack
> currently exposes a separate view that you can join to
> pg_stat_activity (or pg_stat_replication) on the pid -- this is sort
> of the same way that pg_stat_replication works in the first place. Do
> we want something similar to that for a builtin SSL view as well, or
> do we want to include the fields directly in pg_stat_activity and
> pg_stat_replication?

I've heard more than once the wish to get this information without
contrib..especially for the SSL version used (client and server likewise).
So ++1 for this feature.

I'd vote for a special view, that will keep the information into a single
place and someone can easily join extra information together.

--
Thanks
Bernd