Re: schema/db design wrt performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Fernando Papa
Subject Re: schema/db design wrt performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
I think FK on every database (oracle and MSSQL too) may hit performance,
but only in DML (insert/update/delete). These are tradeoffs...
referencial integrity vs. problems with batchload for example.
My Oracle experience say when I need to do batchload, I disable
constraints and then apply and work over exceptions.
If you don't make referencial integrity on database maybe you need to do
it on you application... and I think will be very painfull.

--
Fernando O. Papa
DBA