Re: [BUGS] BUG #14709: inconsistent answers with foreign datawrappers to mysql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Mark Manley
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14709: inconsistent answers with foreign datawrappers to mysql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thank you all.  :)

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 3:57 AM, Rushabh Lathia <rushabh.lathia@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I informed the maintainer of mysql_fdw and they will start looking into this issue.

Thanks,

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 4:13 AM, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> [...]

 mark> When using a foreign data wrapper from our 9.6.2 database to a
 mark> MySQL 5.7 database, we get inconsistent results.  We're joining
 mark> two tables from another server:

mysql_fdw is (and has _always_ been) broken for anything beyond the most
trivial queries:

https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw/blob/master/mysql_fdw.c#L734

https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/mysql_fdw/issues/73

Since mysql_fdw is not part of postgresql you should take this up with
the maintainers. However, the linked issue has been outstanding for 18
months, so probably best not hold your breath.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)