Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Subject Re: [ADMIN] dblink_tds or similar for PostgreSQL 10
Date
List pgsql-admin

> Hi.
>
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > Carlos Martinez wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> I know that Postgres 10 is not yet stable. The migration will take
> >> around 3 or 4 months. I will expect by then, the stable version.
> >> I've reading about FDW and tds_fdw (library for MS SQL), but it says:
> >> "The current version does not yet support WHERE clause push-down,
> >> column push-down, JOIN push-down, or write operations."
> >
> > In other words, you have 3-4 months to poke the tds_fdw maintainer to
> > add support for that (or do it yourself, or convince someone else to do
> > it for you).
>
> Yes, this is an option. I will write to the mantainer of tds_fdw. If
> there is another alternative, it will be welcome.

Did you see the FDW wiki page [1] I sent to you before? There are an ODBC FDW... maybe it can help you!

Regards,

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Foreign_data_wrappers

--
   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/