Re: error in vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Peticolas
Subject Re: error in vacuum
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 6:56 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:
>>> I'm seeing this error on a table repeatedly:
>>> found update xid 3433096759 from before relfrozenxid 3498422955

>> This is a primary, 9.6.8 to be exact.

This message is known to be associated with several data-corruption bugs
we've fixed recently.  You should update to current (9.6.10) sooner not
later.  I don't think that will cure existing corruption for you, but
it should prevent things from getting worse.

Ok, thank you for that information I will do so. The dump/truncate/restore I mentioned in a later post seems to fix the corruption in a restored DB. Given the nature of the bug do you think that would fix that table?