Re: Hi : Is anybody out there ? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Zahid Rahman
Subject Re: Hi : Is anybody out there ?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks,

I have done a clean install of ubuntu V18.04
I also installed kubuntu.
The first thing I did was installed postgres,
following the instructions on this page. https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
I also installed the remaining  software  following instructions lower down the page. under the heading
Included in distribution  changing the  appropriate version number
I was prompted for email and password for pgadmin4.

When I went to launch pgadmin4 from the kubuntu launch menu via the elephant icon.
I was expecting to get the login page prompting me for email and password.
Instead.
The  Firefox browser launched  with pgadmin4 supplied URL http://127.0.0.1:43169/browser/
with the message "Unauthorized " \n "The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."
Obviously I haven't supplied any credentials let alone bad ones. I  strongly deny that  accusation. I don't know the browser first hand or even intimately  so I cannot speak on its behalf.
So what I  need to set, or is not included in the instructions to get the pgadmin4 login page.
So that others who want to use the software, I assume you want that,  are spared the heart ache and distress, instead enjoy endless hours burning the midnight candle light.

Thanks