Re: Health warning: - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Zahid Rahman
Subject Re: Health warning:
Date
Re: Health warning:  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-novice
Open source and community can mean also easy to use for the community
easy to install for the community.
If you want to be part of community then this should be your mission statement of your community.So somebody like me can say that *community* has very high almost professional standards.

Easy to use , Easy to install ,
These are best practice software development  concepts.

Clearly EnterpriseDB has seen that these standards are not followed , so they quietly developed their own installer. I dare say they did it because they knew people would attack them  as you are attacking me  for pointing out , your standards are very poor.

Open source and community doesn't  have to mean *crap*   but it is free.

Are you not a community with pride in your work.
A community with standards on par with professional  standards.

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019, 15:08 Gerald Cheves, <gcheves@verizon.net> wrote:
On 12/17/2019 9:58 AM, Zahid Rahman wrote:

> I am not responsible for documents or software development here so why
> do I need [to] help  ?

Because this is an open source project that is supported by the
community. Are you a part of the community?

- G

--
siamo arrivati sani e salvi