oracle_fwd - is it safe or not? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Piotr Włodarczyk
Subject oracle_fwd - is it safe or not?
Date
Re: oracle_fwd - is it safe or not?  (legrand legrand <legrand_legrand@hotmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi everyone,

I have some question considering about oracle_fdw and safety of use it in production environment.

Problem we would like to resolve using this extension is to move data from five Oracle tables to Postgres database. To avoid situation that we have to trasfer data using sftp/ssh or another file based approach we decided to install oracle_fdw.

Our administrator have some doubt about this extension. He asked us, are we sure that this extension safe enough and didn't make any kernel panic sytuation beacuse as all another extension, this one can operate on system kernel level.

Therefore if it's possible can You tell me more about safety this extension and release procedure and community of this module?

--

Best Regards
Piotr Włodarczyk