Re: hba_conf hostssl clientcert=1 no longer required in 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Srikanth Venkatesh
Subject Re: hba_conf hostssl clientcert=1 no longer required in 9.4
Date
List pgsql-docs
I guess it should mention that setting the parameter to 1 is no longer required... and that the default is 1 for "cert".

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:00 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
srix55@gmail.com writes:
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/ssl-tcp.html

> 17.9.1. Using Client Certificates
> (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/ssl-tcp.html)

> The first paragraph contains this line &quot;...and set the clientcert parameter
> to 1 on the appropriate hostssl line(s) in pg_hba.conf&quot; which isn&#39;t right
> for 9.4.

Hmm, what do you think isn't right about it?

ISTM there's an omission here, which is that it'd be useful to mention
that clientcert=1 is assumed for the "cert" authentication method.  But
the text seems okay as far as it goes.

                        regards, tom lane