Re: Geoserver-PostGIS performance problems - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Maciek Sakrejda
Subject Re: Geoserver-PostGIS performance problems
Date
List pgsql-performance
> unfortunately postgres jdbc is bugged and does not honor the above for
> transaction control commands (begin, commit, etc).  This patch
> http://treehou.se/~omar/postgresql-jdbc-8.4-701-pgbouncer_txn.patch
> will fix it, assuming it hasn't been fixed in recent postgres jdbc.

Looks like it's still an issue:
https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/blob/master/org/postgresql/core/v3/QueryExecutorImpl.java#L426

Although I don't quite follow why it's an issue in the first
place--isn't the point to avoid creating a plan with parameter markers
but not actual parameter information? BEGIN, COMMIT, et al never have
markers in the first place. What am I missing?