Re: Response time increases over time - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Havasvölgyi Ottó
Subject Re: Response time increases over time
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks, Josh.
The only reason I tried 8.4 first is that it was available for Debian as compiled package, so it was simpler for me to do it. Anyway I am going to test 9.1 too. I will post about the results.

Best reagrds,
Otto

2011/12/7 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>
On 12/6/11 4:30 PM, Havasvölgyi Ottó wrote:
> Is there so much difference between 8.4 and 9.1, or is this something else?
> Please tell me if any other info is needed.

It is fairly likely that the difference you're seeing here is due to
improvements made in checkpointing and other operations made between 8.4
and 9.1.

Is there some reason you didn't test 9.1 on Linux to compare the two?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.