Re: [GENERAL] Full text search with plain input - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Havasvölgyi Ottó
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Full text search with plain input
Date
List pgsql-general
Based on the docs, plainto_tsquery() creates tsquery with the & operator (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/functions-textsearch.html), so the @@ operator will not find partial matches. And this way I cannot calculate ts_rank for those partial matches.
Now I am thinking about splitting the input text myself to terms, then searching and ranking  the documents for each term. Finally summing the scores by document. This way the documents with more matching terms would get greater score.
Please anybody let me know if there is some better/easier solution for this.

Thanks,
Otto