PostgreSQL isn't enough scalable as Oracle or DB2 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Oscar Calderon
Subject PostgreSQL isn't enough scalable as Oracle or DB2
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi, have a nice day. I'm reading about PostgreSQL Architecture Fundamentals for taking the Associate Exam, and i found this article:

I was reading the Scalability section, where it mentions this:

Even though the query receiving thread is alone it still offers better or equal scalability to MySQL. In terms of multi-computer scalability, PostgreSQL does not scale at all. For large cluster based clustering, commercial database systems are by far more mature; some good implementations include Oracle and DB2.

The article is from 2009 and i know that PostgreSQL has been getting better and better but i don't know if this is true or if this have been surpassed or if it was a lie.

Regards.

Oscar Calderon
Analista de Sistemas
Soluciones Aplicativas S.A. de C.V.
www.solucionesaplicativas.com
Cel. (503) 7741 7850 Tel. (503) 2522-2834