Re: stats for network traffic WIP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Atri Sharma
Subject Re: stats for network traffic WIP
Date
Re: stats for network traffic WIP  (Nigel Heron <nheron@querymetrics.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM, Mike Blackwell <mike.blackwell@rrd.com> wrote:
> Sounds good.  I personally don't have any interest in log file i/o counters,
> but that's just me.  I wonder if stats collector counters might be useful...
> I seem to recall an effort to improve that area.  Maybe not enough use to
> take the performance hit on a regular basis, though.

+1.

I tend to be a bit touchy about any changes to code that runs
frequently. We need to seriously test if the overhead added by this
patch is worth it.

IMO, the idea is pretty good. Its just that we need to do some wide
spectrum performance testing. Thats only my thought though.

Regards,

Atri

--
Regards,