Re: random_page_cost = 2.0 on Heroku Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: random_page_cost = 2.0 on Heroku Postgres
Date
Re: random_page_cost = 2.0 on Heroku Postgres  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Peter van Hardenberg <pvh@pvh.ca> wrote:
> Having read the thread, I don't really see how I could study what a
> more principled value would be.

Agreed.  Just pointing out more research needs to be done.

> That said, I have access to a very large fleet in which to can collect
> data so I'm all ears for suggestions about how to measure and would
> gladly share the results with the list.

I wonder if some kind of script that grabbed random queries and ran
them with explain analyze and various random_page_cost to see when
they switched and which plans are faster would work?