Re: question on most efficient way to increment a column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: question on most efficient way to increment a column
Date
List pgsql-general
How often are these updated? Once an hour, once a minute, once a
second, a thousand times a second?

If it's not more than once a second I would look at eager materialized
views as a possibility for handing this.

http://tech.jonathangardner.net/wiki/PostgreSQL/Materialized_Views#Eager_Materialized_View