Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring Tool for PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Fabricio Pedroso Jorge
<fpjbito@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    is there a "official" monitoring tool for PostgreSQL databases? For
> example, i come from Oracle Database, and there, we have Enterprise Manager
> to monitor and administrer the product... is there such a similar tool for
> PostgreSQL?

The most commonly used monitoring tool is either zabbix or nagios
using the check_postgres perl script. That's as close to official as
I'm aware (and no, it's not "official" really, just the most common
and well supported method I'm aware of).