Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Suspending postgresql during heavy load
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM, The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> Question is their a way to suspend PostGres during a heavy average load
> session?
>
> I would like to suspend Postgresql transaction on a load average higher
> then a load average of 5.

So you just want to stop the db under heavy load? I'm not sure what
you're asking here. PostgreSQL is designed around a transactional
model, it can't just be shut off at your convenience.

OTOH you might want to look at how you're using it and what kind of
hardware you're using and if you need to upgrade it.