Re: top posting? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: top posting?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> I personally don't really care, but what I really find annoying are bottom
> posters
> that do not trim the quoted message - especially if the original message was
> quite long.

Especially if there are dozens of untrimmed quotes above THAT.

My basic rules are:

1: If context isn't important I top post (i.e. if they've posted to 18
mailing lists, I will top post "Please stop spamming every list in the
known universe" at the top. Or stuff like "please post pg version,
postgresql.conf changes, and OS etc.")
2: If a long complex explanation is needed, and it's an answer to the
whole post, I bottom post.
3: If it's a big multi-part question / post, I'll answer inline for each bit.