Re: Hardware advice for scalable warehouse db - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Terry Schmitt
Subject Re: Hardware advice for scalable warehouse db
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Chris,

A couple comments on the NetApp SAN.
We use NetApp, primarily with Fiber connectivity and FC drives. All of the Postgres files are located on the SAN and this configuration works well.
We have tried iSCSI, but performance his horrible. Same with SATA drives.
The SAN will definitely be more costly then local drives. It really depends on what your needs are.
The biggest benefit for me in using SAN is using the special features that it offers. We use snapshots and flex clones, which is a great way to backup and clone large databases.

Cheers,
Terry