Re: pgadmin crashes constantly on OSX 10.11.1 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Strauch, Sheldon
Subject Re: pgadmin crashes constantly on OSX 10.11.1
Date
List pgadmin-support
Gentlemen,

I find very similar behavior to what you describe. I have been able to isolate it to times when I have resized the query window, or re-sized the query/data window split. The probability of a crash seems to be proportional to the number of rows of data contained in the data grid. If I resize my query window at the outset of my work - then never resize it - I am able to run for numerous days, or even weeks, without error. I am running the 1.20.0 (Dec 19 2014, rev: REL-1_2-_0) version.

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:51 AM, <support@vip-consult.co.uk> wrote:
Same here.

Kind Regards

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin crashes constantly on OSX 10.11.1

My apologies, Dave, but you are apparently the lucky one.

I am used to spending my entire work day in my SQL GUI.  My productivity is much better than using the command line and emacs mlisp bindings don't do it for me either.  So please don't get into a religious war over CLI vs GUI.

I cannot ever run pgAdmin III for more than an hour on a MacBook Pro without it crashing and this damages my productivity.  This has been my experience for over a year with two employers with local and remote databases (and very different network configurations).  It happened on both employers' MacBooks as well as on my own MacBook.  SSH tunneling on or off.  It was happening on Yosemite and is no better - possibly worse - on El Capitan.  If you like I can probably find a bunch of crash reports and forward them.

Can you tell us anything about your Mac configuration that might be making your setup more reliable?

Respectfully,

Andrew Wolfe

Sent from my iPhone

--

What do the numbers show?

Sheldon E. Strauch
Data Architect, Data Services
O 312-676-1556
M 224-723-3878

Enova International, Inc.
This transmission is confidential and may be privileged or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use the information in this transmission in any way. Please inform the sender immediately if you have received this transmission in error and permanently delete and destroy the original and any copies of the information.