Re: Dump & restore in directory format and permissions are largely lost? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Wells Oliver
Subject Re: Dump & restore in directory format and permissions are largely lost?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Yes. The target and source servers have the same users and roles, which is why their permissions being absent from the same objects on the target where they exist in the source is very confusing to me.

I also do a pg_restore -l -Fd on the dump file, and I don't see any GRANT or REVOKE statements: should I expect that?