Re: Postgres perl module namespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Postgres perl module namespace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 9:37 AM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> > On Aug 10, 2021, at 7:10 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> >
> >     use PgTest::Utils;
> >     use PgTest::PostgresNode;
>
> Checking CPAN, it seems there are three older modules with names starting with "Postgres":
>
>         Postgres
>         Postgres::Handler
>         Postgres::Handler::HTML
>
> It would be confusing to combine official PostgreSQL modules with those third party ones, so perhaps we can claim the
PostgreSQLnamespace for official project modules.  How about:

>         PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster
>         PostgreSQL::Test::Lib
>         PostgreSQL::Test::Utils
>
> and then if we ever wanted to have official packages for non-test purposes, we could start another namespace under
PostgreSQL.

Maybe it's me but I would find that more confusing.  Also, to actually
claim PostgreSQL namespace, we would have to actually publish  them on
CPAN right?